November 3, 2007

SARAH'S SIDE OF THE STORY

I know it's been said so many times. "MCR saved my life." But in my case it's basically true. It all started when I was very young, my dad was an alcoholic and made life for me and my brothers hell. My mum found the courage to take us and run. It was a scary time but thankfully he never found us.

My eldest brother was highly into drugs at the time and tried commiting suicide which was the start of my downwards spiral. At seconary school I got bullied pretty bad and ended up changing schools twice. But it kept happening so I blamed myself, thinking it must be my fault that there was something wrong with me.

I ran away when I was 14. I was missing for about a week and it was the scariest time of my life. I just jumped on random trains, hiding from the men coming around collecting the tickets. I ran out of money and decided I had to go home.

Then I started drinking. I used to drink just to black everything out and when I had hangovers I felt I deserved to feel like that.

Then I started seeing this guy. We were together about a year and things started looking up for me. But then I found out he cheated on me and my life just came crashing down. I felt I had no reason to live. I had no friends, no nothing.

That's when I tried killing myself. I took a lot of pills and layed on my bed. My mum found me and took me to hospital. When I got home after four days I started planning a way I could do it with no-one finding me and ruining it.

That's when I heard MCR.

I'm ok (i promise) came blasting out of my brothers room and I sat and listened to it. The words in it just fitted everything I was feeling but it was the first thing that made me smile in a long time. I went and got their albums and everytime I felt low I would put them on full blast and sing along. Their songs always made me feel like i'm not alone and cheered me up when nothing else could and they still do.

If there was one thing I could say to the guys, it would be thanks.

-Sarah