June 6, 2007

CHRISTINE'S SIDE OF THE STORY

MCR didn't save me. But it was damn close. MCR made me save myself. But without them, I'd probably still be living.

Since I was about 12, suicide was constantly on my mind. I used to not know why, but as I grew older and I looked at my life in perspective, I realised how upside down everything was. I took something like, my mum ODing on Sleeping Pills [twice actually... or maybe it was three times] completely casually and didn't think it was important nor was it a big deal, but when I started talking to people, they acted as if it was the most important thing in the world. Sometimes thoughts of suicide and self hate still drift in and out, but it's certainly not something I'd ever do because I know there are people that would be shattered by it.

When I found MCR, they opened up a whole world of other bands, so whatever MCR has done to me, other bands have affected me in the same way. Nobody's ever understood my love for mcr and I guess I don't either; people often assume that I just love the music [which I do] and obsess over cute looking band members, but it's only here where people have understood the meaning behind the pretty faces.

Listening to MCR is an odd feeling. Most people say they feel happy, or inspired. I always feel somewhat depressed when I listen to specific songs, but depressed as in, relieved as if by listening to it, the anger in me just comes out. It's a weird feeling, and I know it's something that I'll always feel.

In my opinion, MCR can't save or ruin your life. Or anyone else for that fact. MCR are just living role models of people who have saved their own lives.

- Christine, 17, Melbourne, AustraliaMCR didn't save me. But it was damn close. MCR made me save myself. But without them, I'd probably still be living.

Since I was about 12, suicide was constantly on my mind. I used to not know why, but as I grew older and I looked at my life in perspective, I realised how upside down everything was. I took something like, my mum ODing on Sleeping Pills [twice actually... or maybe it was three times] completely casually and didn't think it was important nor was it a big deal, but when I started talking to people, they acted as if it was the most important thing in the world. Sometimes thoughts of suicide and self hate still drift in and out, but it's certainly not something I'd ever do because I know there are people that would be shattered by it.

When I found MCR, they opened up a whole world of other bands, so whatever MCR has done to me, other bands have affected me in the same way. Nobody's ever understood my love for mcr and I guess I don't either; people often assume that I just love the music [which I do] and obsess over cute looking band members, but it's only here where people have understood the meaning behind the pretty faces.

Listening to MCR is an odd feeling. Most people say they feel happy, or inspired. I always feel somewhat depressed when I listen to specific songs, but depressed as in, relieved as if by listening to it, the anger in me just comes out. It's a weird feeling, and I know it's something that I'll always feel.

In my opinion, MCR can't save or ruin your life. Or anyone else for that fact. MCR are just living role models of people who have saved their own lives.

- Christine, 17, Melbourne, Australia