June 6, 2007

CINDY'S SIDE OF THE STORY

I have already told the guys in a couple of short little post cards that they have given my daughter a way to rebel without hurting anyone. Because she knows the pain and hurt caused by Gerard's drinking and drug addictions, she has chosen to abstain. Because she knows that the band cares about the health of it's fans, she has chosen to care for herself...and live.

I am 50 years old and after some doubts, I sat with my daughter and watched MCR's DVD. I saw how the band cared for each other, their families, friends, and fans. I saw that they went through the same things that my child is going through now...and became stronger. She saw it too and now she is stronger. I guess that's all I wanted to say. Thanks for the chance to get this across to folks.

Sure, they use the F word now and then but it has become such a common word that I'm going to allow my daughter to hear it. I still won't let her say it. I went to my first MCR (and her first ever) concert the other day. It was incredible! I felt like a kid again! I watched the crowd surfing and the mosh pits. The kids were having a great time! I remember getting a bit roughed up in my day so a cut lip or broken toe isn't that bad. I've never seen a better performance. My daughter was ecstatic and it was worth every ear-bleeding minute to see her like that!"

- Cindy, 50