June 7, 2007

JULIET'S SIDE OF THE STORY

For the first time in my life - I'm almost 100% content. I'm happy internally - with myself and my life. I'm happy externally - with the things I do and who I do them with. This is all due to one phenomenal band; five phenomenal men: My Chemical Romance.

I first discovered My Chemical Romance by searching them on the internet, and clicking on a link to a 30second clip of the Helena video. I liked it. I liked it a lot. So later that very same day, I bought Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge. And I have not looked back since.

This was three years ago now. I was 12 years old. And I hated myself. I was 'fat'. I was 'ugly'. I had no real friends. I felt excluded in my own family. I had no self-worth. BUT My Chemical Romance changed all of that. Through them I have met some amazing people (Vic, Daisy, Lenore and Gary to name just a few). Through them I have come to realise that I am a beautiful person; oh yes, I do have my flaws, and I am a little messed up - but that's all ok. I am happy with who I am. I have come to realise that nothing is worth hurting yourself for; no matter how bad you are feeling, things will work out in the end.

April 29th, 2006. Give It A Name. Earls Court, London. The first time I saw My Chemical Romance. It's a bit of a blur, to be honest. But I can remember the first day I heard about it. I picked up Kerrang! and saw "MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE AND TAKING BACK SUNDAY SHOWS ANNOUNCED" on the top and I immediately flicked through to find out where, when and how. I ran through to the kitchen an gabbled a few words to my mother, pointing at the page. I then bought a ticket and spent the next three hours on the phone with my friend, talking about it. I made a T-shirt especially for it. And I wore it with pride.

I was stood talking to Chris from The Ataris, waiting for My Chemical Romance. The lights suddenly went off. I screamed and I legged it to the stage - not giving a second's thought to anything else than the fact that My Chemical Romance were going to be right there in front of me. I can remember that overwhelming feeling of joy and pride as I stood and sang my little heart out along with the thousands of other people there with me. I remember crying when it was over because I just didn't want to leave.

Since then, I have seen them another six times. I've queued up in the cold, in the rain, I've spent more than six hours sat on my ass just waiting for that moment when they come on stage. That feeling of unity you get is quite indescribable. Even though you'd never get a chance to talk to every person at that show - you feel like you know them because you are all there for the same reason - to see My Chemical Romance; to see your heroes.

I'm lucky enough to have had the chance to meet the boys. I am not ashamed to say that I cried - these men had instilled hope and happiness in me, they had touched me, and I was not crying of sadness or anger, but of complete unadulterated bliss. I was crying but I was looked after. They made sure as best they could that I was ok. I was ok. I was very much OK. Thanks to them. Thanks to them my life is all it could be.

MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE MADE MY LIFE. MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE SAVE LIVES. And I dare anyone to come up to me and challenge that.

- Juliet, 15