June 6, 2007

KAILEE'S SIDE OF THE STORY

I first heard My Chem in mid 2003 after my grandmother had passed away, it was a very rough moment in time for me because my grandmother was my second mom, someone who would do anything for anyone, including me. I had thoughts of self-harm a lot, but when I heard this band through The Used, I felt so much better in ways no one else could make me feel. I listened to them every morning before school and after it. Then in 2004 Three Cheers came out and the cd blew my mind. They changed my life forever and seriously saved it. When I found out Gerard and Mikey had lost their grandmother too, I knew that my G was my angel, she had sent this band to me to save my life and let me know that these amazing guys have also been through hell and it's okay to feel the way I did. At first my mother did not like them a lot, she listened to them and thought they were okay but didn't object to me listening to them since she herself loved music.

In the summer of 2005 I hit a rough patch again, I'm not very sure why but I was seriously depressed & thought about killing myself one day, I was going to do it but I had to listen to them before I did it and they ended up keeping me alive again.

It was never because they had hit singles or because Gerard or any of the members were "hot" but because they know how to connect with people, it's amazing. Gerard's voice made me want to live. I cried because I couldn't believe I was thinking of doing that and I thanked God or whoever for this band, for these amazing guys.

I became depressed again in late 2005 because Hurricane Katrina had drove me out of my home in New Orleans and I had to move somewhere I hated. The thing that made me happy was My Chem and my mom took notice of that. She was thankful and read about them and thought this band was good for me. She took me to see them in December 2005 in Seattle and was amazed by them. Frank Iero is also the nicest person I have ever met.

My grandfather died in late 2006 suddenly and I was in complete shock, my life had been turned upside down again. When The Black Parade came out, I felt like this band....was more than a band. It was something much more, I can't explain. Mikey Way helped me get through my hard times in 2006, he had become my savior like his brother had. He had gone through stuff during the making of this album that I could connect with. I thank him everyday in my mind for helping me. I went to see them again at Voodoo Fest and I was amazed, they made me laugh, cry, smile, sing all in a matter of a hour set. 'Cancer' struck a cord with me since my grandmother had died of it.

I will never be able to explain how much this band has helped me. They have gotten me through my depression, suicidal moments, being bullied at school, and feeling like I was alone in this world. I have met some of my best friends because of this band and I'm thankful. Three times seeing this band and they have grown so much, and I'm proud and yet sad because I don't want them to change, I always want them to be the amazing band that has saved me from hell. My mom also adores them now.

Gerard Way, Bob Bryar (who is a major sweetheart!), Ray Toro, Frank Iero, and Mikey Way will always be my heaven-sent saviors. I love them more than anything in the world.

-Kailee, Arkansas