June 7, 2007

NATALIA'S SIDE OF THE STORY

I hate how the whole "MCR saved my life" is said by everyone, especially teenies/posers and that just pisses me off.

My Chemical Romance DID save my life. I used to be really suicidal after my friend and various people in my family died. I felt like there was no more sunshine and I started to cut. I liked watching myself get hurt and then heal slowly. Cutting felt like releasing pain. Instead of crying or writing, I would cut. Then it went to going deeper. I was so scared. I went to my friends for help. They provided NOTHING. I just sank deeper into depression. So I listened to MCR more than ever. I went through all three abums on repeat while crying myself to sleep. Then I woke up and Famous Last Words was playing. I cried. It felt like I abandoned MCR's complete purpose -- to save people. So I decided to stop. They opened up a new door.

My parents thought that it was all their fault; that they sang about death and suicide and that pressured me. but they were wrong. Those people saved my life. Those five f**k people gave me a reason to f**k live. I am not afraid to keep on living. I am not afraid to walk this world alone.

- Natalia, 13, New York