November 3, 2007

ANONYMOUS SIDE OF THE STORY

Okay, so here's my story. I'm not good with the words, so I'll keep it simple.

About two to three years ago, I started cutting. There was no reason why. I don't know what came over me, but I did it. After that first time, I started using it as an escape method. Instead of dealing with emotional pain, I dealt with is in an easier, physical way. I started to get depressed and I felt angry and sad all the time. No one knew except for a few close friends. I wouldn't tell anyone because I knew no one could possibly understand.

Then, I discovered My Chemical Romace. There was something about their song "I'm Not Okay" that interested me. At that time, I didn't know what. I looked them up online and started listening to their music. Immediately, I knew. These were the guys that were going to save me. The words Gerard spoke on stage, the message they send out gave me hope, something I had never known.

I can't even begin to explain how much these guys mean to me. I still have scars, and I do hide them, but I hope one day I won't be ashamed. I hope one day I can walk around with short sleeves and not care what others are saying. My Chemical Romance will help me get there. They keep me going everyday and they keep me from putting the blad against my skin. This is proof that MCR does NOT encourage self harm or suicide.

They stop it.