December 28, 2007

YOUR "NOTHING" IS EVERYTHING TO ME

Browsing through websites, I see profiles of thousands of kids who think they're worth nothing. They think they're ugly, stupid, wrong and are just simply going to fail at life. That's what they see when they look in the mirror and that's what they sincerily believe in. 

What I see in them, is a smothered little flame that just can't come out to the stained, evil world. I see so much potential and talent. Today I heard a boy sing like an angel, a boy who himself thinks he can't really sing. I also met a girl who's one of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen, but she's wasting her teenage years hating herself for not fitting to the basic stereotypes of beauty. 

There are so many kids that think they're total failures and all alone. And even though I'm trying really hard, I don't know how to convince them otherwise. I keep on asking why but I just can't get an answer. And today... it makes me really, really sad. 

Because your nothing is everything to me,
Joanna