May 8, 2008

TORI'S SIDE OF THE STORY

Back in 2005, my uncle, whom I was very close to, passed away from drugs. He was very young when he died. I, as you could imagine, was a reck.

The first time I had ever heared of My Chemical Romance was the day after his funeral. I was sitting on my couch watching TV. Then the video for "Helena" came on. At the time I didnt know, but I kinda feel like that was a sign from my uncle that he was okay and that MCR would help me later on in my life.

And of course it did.

One year later, my father cheated on my mom and abandoned us. I dont see him much. (I dont even want to see him at all) After I got the news, I was debistated. There were times when I honestly wanted to take my own life. I even began to plan how I would do it. I never tried anything, but I constantly thaught about it.

One day, my best friend Tiffany, was over. She started telling me about a band that she really liked. My Chemical Romance. I knew the name sounded familiar. Once I heared one of their songs, I imediatly remembered that day on the couch. After that I started listening to their music. I liked them. They werent my favorite (at the time atleast) but I did like them.

A few weeks later, I was at my worst. Tiffany had baught tickets to see MCR and asked if I wanted to come. I agreed only because I thaught they were a good band and thaught it could take my mind off of things. If only for a few hours. Lets just say that Gerard said alot of things that I will carry for the rest of my life.

Something happened at that concert. I was healed. I no longer wanted to end my own life.

That's when Id realized that MCR had truely saved my life. I have been in and out of therapy. But nothing has ever helped me as much as My Chemical Romance. I like to think of them as my own personal theropist (is that how you spell it?)

Once I started to really listen to their lyrics, everyone, including myself, realized a difference in my behavior. I started to laugh again. I was happy. If I was ever angry, or sad, I would just blast one of their CD's and by the second song I have forgotten what I was upset about. My Chemical Romance means so much to me. Words couldnt describe how grateful, I am for them and their music. They have givin me my life back. They have givin me my happiness back. They have saved my life many times. I thank God, and my Uncle, everyday for sending me My Chemical Romance.

xoxo
Tori J.