June 8, 2008

ANONYMOUS SIDE OF THE STORY

A while back I was at a 'friends' house. We were having a sleep-over, and let me tell you it was the worst one I had ever been to. She said stuff to me about how I had no life, and that she was better then me. She also told me I was ugly, fat, and that my new boyfriend was a fat bastard. It was then that I started thinking about how awful she was for telling me those things. I acted like it didn't bother me, though. Well, later that night, she asked me if I had ever thought of commiting suicide. I told her maybe once or twice, and she said "Well you might as well, because no one cares enough about you to miss you or even want to stop you". I was at a time in my life when I was really missing my deceased aunt, so when I went home that night, I was seriously going to try to hang myself off my canopy bed. I decided to listen to some music before I did it, and it happened to be My Chemical Romance's 'The Black Parade' CD. I started listening to the songs, and really thinking about my life and how I wanted to live it. I didn't want to put my family in pain by killing myself, and I knew that there had to be a purpose for my life. I really thought about it, and how I did not want to kill myself.

It's true. Whenever kids (or people in general) are going through a hard time in their lives, they don't want to hear from someone that everything's going to be okay. The first thing that comes to mind when you hear that is, "How would they know? They haven't gone through what I'm going through". You want to hear that someone else has gone through the same thing you are going through. Then you know everything's going to be okay, because they made it out alright. And My Chemical Romance has the best lyrics in the world, and really wants to show people that they can live better lives. They're definately not telling kids to commit suicide. If they promote suicide so much, then why aren't they out there commiting it? Ever since that day I came to realize all that stuff about killing myself, I haven't wanted to ever since. I really do owe my life to My Chemical Romance.

-Anonymous