September 8, 2008

ANONYMOUS SIDE OF THE STORY

My story of My Chem saving my life started in the summer of 2005.

In the beging of the summer, my grandmother dIed. Then I was introduced to MCR, I saw the Helena video and I realized that I wasn't the only one going through this shit. The first time I saw the video I new that this band would change my life. 

Unfortunately my parents banned my from listening to them. So I waited the whole summer until school started, I still wasn't that into MCR. I mean I knew a couple songs and that was it. Then my grandpa died and my dad started drinking. It changed him, it made him yell more. When he yelled I felt worthless, I started drinking. Then I lost my best friend, so I started cutting. Then when I did get new friends they were all druggies. So I felt I had to take pills to fit in. I took so much Vicodin, and when I did I got more and more depressed. 

I tried killing myself, but then over the summer I decided "You know what; screw my parents". And I started listening to MCR. They made me happy and I realized I don't need to be doing this shit to be me. They brought me out of my depression. I got out of my goth stage. When I found out about Gerard's struggle with pills and booze I quit cold turkey. I've been clean since then. 

A couple months ago I was talking to my mom and I said "You know what, I listen to MCR, but they make me feel happy, they make me feel like I'm worth something, like I'm beautiful." So my mom talked to my dad and I had them read a magazine about them about how they save lives and now they let me listen to them. And I have to say, my life hasn't been any better.