November 8, 2008

JEN'S SIDE OF THE STORY

I don't really have a story here. All I have to say is last year I was constantly made fun of because I loved the music I'm into. I didn't want to wear the band shirts or be myself really, I just kind of wanted to fit in. 

Then I started listening to My Chemical Romance. They changed my life honestly. Now I'm myself and not afraid to show it at all. They made me realize it's okay to be yourself, even if that means your weird or made fun of. You have to be who you truly are. I have never thought of them as a band that would promote suicide. I don't even understand how The Black Parade promotes suicide. It's really stupid, I mean whatever is wrong mostly the blame should be put on the parents. Yes I have thought about suicide once or twice, not like I'd ever have the guts to do it. I always remember what Gerard said; "If you or someone you know is thinking about suicide then you need to fucking talk to somebody. Your mom, your best friend somebody at school I don't give a fuck. Cause pissing your life away on suicide is fucking bullshit." 

So see, My Chemical Romance is not promoting suicide, they are against it. So that's not even a story really, mostly an opinion.

- Jen, 14, Massachuttess